Series 606 Additional Telemetry Unit
The OAS Series 606 Additional Telemetry Unit (ATU) module is the ideal device for aerial firefighting operations. The Series 606 ATU records fire attack data and sends it to a remote portal via Blue Sky Network’s SkyRouter Automated Flight Following software. The device features a light-weight, low-profile, and durable design to support airframe-mounted water tank or water bucket operations.
USFS 2018 regulations required firefighting helicopters to collect ATU data and transmit it to state and national regulators through an AFF device. This will require firefighting aircraft to report certain data in the AFF format, including: tank or bucket openings and closings; gallons filled and gallons dropped; and events with GPS data—time, latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, and heading.
The 606 ATU is compliant with the U.S. Forest Service’s (USFS) ATU requirements and is also engineered to meet DO-160 environmental regulations. Combine this with 100 percent global coverage, satellite voice, and two-way messaging for a complete solution to improve safety and reliability during forest fire season.
The Series 606 ATU has an FAA Supplemental Type Certificate approval for: the Sikorsky CH-54, S-64, and S-61 helicopters; and the Bell 204-412 and UH1 models.
The light-weight, durable design makes it ideal to support airframe-mounted water tank or bucket operations.
The OAS Series 606 device complies with USFS contracts AG-024B-S-15-9007 section C, and AG-024B-S-17-9002 section C ATU requirements. It also meets DO-160 environmental requirements.
The device features a removable SD card slot to back up your ATU data.
- Easy-to-install, portable operation
- Interfaces with aircraft installed AFF System via RS-232
- Seamlessly integrates with the SkyRouter fleet tracking portal
- Obtain critical ATU mission data for more efficient aerial firefighting
- DO-160G compliant (environmental conditions and test procedures for airborne equipment)
- Dimensions: 161 mm x 149 mm x 60 mm
- Weight: 426 g
- Operating Temperature: -45°C to +70°C
- I/O & Power Interface: 28V DC