ASE MC03 9505A Docking Station
DISCONTINUED - OBSOLETE
Applied Satellite Engineering’s ASE MC03 Iridium 9505A Docking Station is designed for the Iridium 9505A Satellite Phone and is an outgrowth of one of ASE’s very first products. Rugged and reliable, this is a standard in maritime operations and is seen in use by many organizations continuing to use the 9505A phone for its powerful features, including some models with encryption/secure sleeve.
- The deployment of the Iridium Network was indeed a remarkable scientific and engineering marvel. However the inability to make or receive a phone call indoors quickly became a glaring failure. We were one of the first companies to provide an elegant solution by extending the use of the satellite phones inside a building, a vehicle, or ship.
- The MC03 Docking Station is designed for the Iridium 9505A Satellite Phone and is an outgrowth of one of our very first products. We continue to see demand for this straightforward, simple, rugged and reliable addition to the Iridium 9505A phone.
- While many view this as a primarily a military offering with its optional encryption/secure sleeve, we see this is a standard in many Maritime operations.
- The ASE-MC03 Docking station for the Iridium 9505A provides a unique DB9-Connector—An RS232 connection offering direct dial-up applications for data transfer with an Iridium RUDICS connection.
- The RJ11 connection of the MC03 attaches to any analog/analogue phone connection. Connect directly to an analog phone or use a Wireless–“Walk-around” Phone or “DECT” Phone. Some applications might find usefulness in using Long range phones such as those made by Engenius.
- The headset and microphone jacks are fully accessible for easy connection to other accessories. The Bright LEDs are easily recognizable as “Ringing,” “Smart Dial” (the feature that recognizes virtually all country codes for easier dialing), and “Connect” when connected.
- The MC03 also charges the 9505A Phone—keeping it “topped up” for “Grab and Go” applications. The Docking Station has a wide-ranging power supply input and can operate either with the included AC/DC adapter that, or by using a Cigar/Cigarette adapter.
- The docking station also has a convenient holder for the 9505A Phone antenna bringing an added convenience to an already easy-to-use handheld
|Dimensions||8 x 10 x 12 in|
|Primary Features||– Smart Dialing: The docking station knows the correct format for the country that is being dialed and places the call once the number is entered. Smart Dialing eliminates the superfluous “00” IDD code (no more international dialing sequence).
– Simple Operation: The docking station combines clear LED status lights with the Iridium handset's graphical display for setup, troubleshooting, programming, and operation.
– Base Station Ringer: Audible alert of incoming calls.
– Versatile Power Input: 10 – 32 VDC input range supports power systems on most vehicles and marine vessels. An included universal power adapter allows 100/240 VAC, 47/63 Hz operation. A DC vehicle adapter is also included.
|Brands||Applied Satellite Engineering|
- Part # ASE-MC03 / MC03-C
- Interfaces: POTS (RJ11), RS232, 2.5 mm handsfree
- Length: 9.75 in.
- Width: 5.25 in.
- Height: 3.5 in.
- Weight: 1.4 lb
- Operating temperature range: –15°C to +70°C
- Power: 10 – 32 VDC, or use included power adapter for 100/240 VAC,47/63 Hz
- Approvals: Iridium, CE, IEC60945 (indoors)
POTS (RJ11), RS232, 2.5 mm handsfree
- RJ11 Connect. Connects to an analog phone (single or PBX) including multi-handset wireless phones.
- Use of a cordless phone with expandable handsets can provide up to eight units within a two-mile range (unobstructed) from the base station.
- Headset/microphone jack offers audio enhancement circuitry to provide excellent voice quality.
- Data port connect. RS232 port for data connections. Compatible with Iridium’s Direct Internet 2.0
- Iridium certified product. Additional approvals and certifications include CE and IEC60945
Box Contents for the ASE-MC03 Docking Station
- 9505A Docking Station w/POTS and RS232
- handset interface
- AC/DC Transformer
- AC/DC cords
- User manual on CD