ACR GlobalFix Pro Category II EPIRB
Manual Release EPIRB with Internal GPS
BEING DISCONTINUED EARLY DEC 2020
The GlobalFix PRO broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where you are, but who you are. The internal GPS will automatically turn on and acquire your position upon activation and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay your distress call to orbiting satellites. As local Search and Rescue is deployed, a separate homing signal and integrated LED strobe light guide rescuers to your exact location.
It is small, rugged, and comes with over 53 years of life saving technology built into every one. Performing a full functional self test of the GlobalFix PRO internal circuitry, battery voltage & power, and 406 MHz transmission gives you the peace of mind knowing your EPIRB will work the moment you need it the most.
ACR Exclusive: Built-in GPS acquisition test mode allows you to test the internal GPS receiver to ensure it's working properly.
- FastACQ GPS engine acquires LAT/LON from a cold start better than normal GPS engines
- 100 m (110 yds) GPS position accuracy, optimum allowed by COSPAS-SARSAT
- Floats upright with high visibility built-in strobe
- Transmits on 406 MHz (COSPAS-SARSAT) with your registered, digitally-coded distress signal, and 121.5 MHz (SAR homing frequency)
- High-impact polycarbonate case with non-tangling lanyard
- Audio/visual indicators of active transmission
- 48 hours operating life at -20Â°C (-4&Â°F), allowing for monthly self-test for 5 years. Available in Class 1 (-40Â°deg;C (-40Â°F))
- Mounting bracket included
- 5-year limited warranty
- 5-year replacement life lithium battery
- Size: 6.97 x 4.2 x 3.6 in.
- Weight: 20.5 oz.
|Part Number||2842 (Category I); 2844 (Category II)|
|Size (no antenna)||7.0 X 4.2 X 3.6” (17.7 X 10.7 X 9.1 cm)|
|Weight||20.5 oz ((581 g)|
|Battery||Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium batteries|
|Replacement||Replacement due six (6) years from date of manufacture or after emergency use|
|Material||High impact UV resistant polymer|
|Deployment||Category I-Hydrostatic release (auto), Catefory II-Manual release|
|Activation||Out of bracket and wet, or manually|
|Waterproof||33 ft (10 m) @ 10 min. Exceeds RTCM standard|
|Output Power||6.3 W +/-2dB (406.037 MHz) 50 mW +/-3dB (121.5 MHz)|
|Operational Life||48 hours minimum @ -4ºF (-20ºC)|
|Typical Performance||65+ hrs. @ -4ºF (-20ºC); Longer in higher ambient temperature|
|Operating Temp.||-4ºF to + 131ºF (-20ºC to +55ºC) (Class 2)|
|Storage Temp.||-30ºF to + 158ºF (-34ºC to +70ºC)|
|Accessories||SeaShelter 3 (P/N 9501), LowPro 3 (P/N 9502), Cat I HydroFix HRU (P/N 9490.1)|
|Approvals||Cospas-Sarsat, FCC, MED, IC Acceptances: USCG Meets: GMDSS, RTCM, IEC, and IMO standards|
- ACR GlobalFix Pro Category II EPIRB
- Mounting bracket
- Registration form
- Owner's manual