Iridium MENA 500 Minute Prepaid Satellite Phone SIM Card – Middle East / North Africa
The Iridium MENA 500 Minute Prepaid Satellite Phone SIM Card brings you coverage in the Middle East and North Africa making sure you have a good strong signal where other terrestrial networks fail. It is powered by the Iridium Network, which is the world’s only truly global satellite network, so you can rest easy knowing that the network coverage from the Iridium MENA 500 Minute Prepaid Satellite Phone SIM Card will not be a problem with this regional setup. *Works in specific Middle East and North Africa countries, please see the list below. *Iridium MENA 500 will work globally with 200 minutes outside the countries listed below. *Unused minutes do not roll over to a new period. Replenishing the card will only reset the 12 Months and 500 Minute Balance.
MENA Coverage Area
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central Aftrican Republic, Chad, Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Juan De Nova Island, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe – Plus 12 nautical miles into coastal waters.
Cyprus, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates –
Plus 12 nautical miles into coastal waters.
- Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, Libya, Rwanda, Sao Tome, Seychelles, Sudan, Swaziland & Togo are not covered in the MENA region.
- Due to the small geographical size and/or location of islands included in this list, calls may be interpreted by the system as originating from international waters and calls may be restricted. Therefore, the MENA rate or service availability is not guaranteed for these areas.
- U.S. government regulations forbid Iridium Satellite and/or its affiliates from offering equipment or providing the Iridium service in Iran, Sudan, or Syria, nor to any entity identified in the “Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons” list maintained by the US Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- The Iridium MENA 500 voucher provides great rates per minute when used in the countries* shown.
- Unlike the Africa voucher, it can be used outside these regions but when doing so the voucher equates to 222 anytime worldwide prepaid minutes.
- Please note you cannot recharge an existing SIM card with this voucher, it is for new activation only.
Useful Information Regarding Prepaid Service Plans:
- Voicemail is included.
- The easiest and most cost effective way to receive calls to the Iridium phone is by using the Iridium special 2-stage service number, 1-408-768-2500. The caller will be prompted to enter the 12-digit Iridium number of your phone. The prepaid SIM card will deduct the equivalent of $1.75 per minute from your prepaid voucher balance and the caller pays only their standard long distance rate for a phone call to Arizona. By contrast, a direct dialled call to an Iridium phone from a traditional phone costs nothing for the Iridium user but the caller will be billed at a rate determined by their phone company (at an average cost of $5.00 – $7.00 per minute).
- The Iridium Short Message Service (SMS) is available via the internet for messages of up to 160 characters at a time. Have your friends and family go to the Apollo website and click on the Send SMS button. This service is free to the web sender and there is no charge to the Iridium user for receiving text messages. Outgoing messages from the Iridium phone are billed to the prepaid SIM card as a 30 second burn rate per text message.
Originating voice calls in ME/NA & terminating inside OR outside MENA 60 units Originating voice calls outside MENA 150 units Iridium to Iridium voice calls 48 units Calls to other satellite systems 906 units Voicemail 48 units Iridium to Iridium Data 102 units Originating data calls in MENA & terminating inside MENA 102 units Originating data calls in MENA & terminating outside MENA 150 units Originating data calls outside MENA 150 units SMS 30 units
|Dimensions||7 x 5 x .15 in|
|Validity||1 Year / 365 Days
* The SIM card will be permanently deactivated 90 days after expiry of minutes if it is not recharged or extra minutes are not added to the SIM card.
|Service Area||MENA = Middle East & North Africa.
Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Jordan, Juan De Nova Island, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa (inc. Price Edwards Island), Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe plus 12 nautical miles offshore these countries.
|Per Min Rate||MENA Region
Text: $0.09 Worldwide:
|Can Recharge Airtime?||Yes, within 90 Days of SIM Expiration.
Note: Unused minutes do not roll over to new period.
Note: Replenishing card will reset SIM Card to 12 Months Validity and 500 Minute Balance.
|Compatible Equipment||Any Iridium SIM Based Device.|
- Voicemail capability Included at no charge
- Data service capability Included at no charge
- SMS/Short email capability included at no charge
- Billing in 20 second increment
- Outgoing SMS messages are billed at 1/10 of a minute