NAL Iridium SHOUT Nano Personnel Tracker
BUILD & DELIVERY TIME: 2 Weeks ARO
The pocket-sized, lightweight NAL Iridium SHOUT Nano Personnel Tracker supports global two-way text messaging, data collection, tracking, check-in, and makes it easy to call for help and communicate details about the emergency to assist first responders. It also integrates with the GeoPro web application for effective communications with field workers. The SHOUT Nano is a lightweight, cost effective, handheld, global, two-way satellite messaging, and personal tracking device. Also since your device is from Iridium, it will operate on a global scope.
The NAL Iridium SHOUT Nano is equipped with an LCD display and an on-screen keyboard allowing transmission of free text and canned messages. The device can periodically “wake up” from sleep and can send its position to the IRIS tracking server or sends an emergency alert via a panic switch. Data is sent in either standard or 256-bit AES encrypted format. An internal motion sensor allows detection of a man-down scenario. The position report is in PECOS Message Structure (PMS) or optimized NAL Research’s protocol. The PMS complies with the Blue Force Tracking Data Format Specification.
How it Works
The Nano is designed with ultra-low power consumption electronics drawing less than 35μA during sleep. With an internal 1.95 A-Hr rechargeable Li-ion battery, it can send a position report every hour for up to two months (about 1,200 reports).
The Nano is equipped with a high resolution color LCD and on-screen keyboards supporting transmission of free-text, canned messages, and a combination of free-text and canned messages. The menu options are displayed as icons for quick access.
The device can periodically wake up from sleep to send its position report to a command center. A 911 button is used for immediate emergency/alert notifications and data can also be sent in encrypted PECOS formats to include Brevity codes.
- Access your data applications and make a phone call at the same time via a Bluetooth handset or a standard desktop phone
- Sends alerts to a designated monitoring center using a 911 button
- After the alert is sent, specifics of the emergency can be communicated to rescuers
Free Text Messaging:
- Sends free-text via three different sets of on-screen keyboards
Canned Text Messaging:
- Sends canned (pre-defined) messages in short codes to save bandwidth
- Sends and/or saves way-points (interested landmarks) for later retrieval
- Check-in allows a quick check-in message to be sent using a single soft key
|Dimensions||5 x 4 x 3 in|
|Primary Features||Low cost tracker & messaging device
Ultra low power consumption
Lightweight (only 184 g)
Automatic location reports (>1200)
Guarded 911 alert switch
Data logging (way-points & tracking reports)
Real-time pole to pole coverage
Integrated motion sensor
Internal rechargeable battery, using AC adapter, computer USB port or solar charger
50 channel GPS receiver
|Device Dimensions||101mm (3.98 inches) x 56mm (2.20 inches) x 20mm (.79 inches)|
|Device Weight||184g (6.49 ounces)|
|Operating Temperature||-40ºC (-40ºF) to +85ºC (185ºF)|
- Low cost tracker & messaging device
- Ultra low power consumption
- Lightweight (only 184 g)
- Automatic location reports (>1200)
- Guarded 911 alert switch
- Data logging (way-points & tracking reports)
- Real-time pole to pole coverage
- Integrated motion sensor
- Internal rechargeable battery using an AC adapter, computer USB port, or solar charger
- 50 channel GPS receiver