MCD-MissionLINK Portable Certus Hotspot
A portable, 100% Global Internet & Phone terminal engineered right into a ruggedized case. There is no training or certification required for full operation.
Iridium Certus Global Coverage
Iridium Certus services are 100% global even on the north and south poles at full available speeds. There is no place above ground it does not cover... an excellent advantage over other satellite service that have limited service regions or line-of-sight obstructions. The Iridium network uses 66 satellites that are moving in Low-Earth-Orbit
Simplicity At Its Best
The MCD-MissionLINK operates covering 100% of the globe so no matter where you are on the planet you can get a good, strong signal. A quickstart guide is even attached to the lid of the case which allows for untrained users to operate the terminal; as we said, simple! It brings unrivaled simplicity, portability, and convenience to the global communications market.
Closed Case Operation
As far as rugged operation, the MCD-MissionLINK does not disappoint. The MCD-MissionLINK case is designed to operate with the case lid closed bringing you the ultimate in rugged engineering. This effectively brings it up to a waterproof rating of IP66. This makes with waterproof with the addition of being able to handle powerful water jets from any direction.
On one side of the MCD-MissionLINK is a LED that shows when the unit is turned on. The battery level display stays on even if the unit is turned off (but may be turned off for stealth mode). Next to the display is the internal battery charge port that is watertight when plugged in for full time round-the-clock operation.
The LAN panel of the MCD-MissionLINK allows a standard phone connection (or 2 with splitter), and two LAN Ports with PoE (Power over Ethernet). Next is a WAN port to connect up a primary Internet connection if one is available, such as a cellular data service. The WAN port offers least-cost-routing. All ports may be watertight with attached cabling with the watertight connector effectively keeping the waterproof rating for the device.
- No pointing or aiming... Simply turn the unit on under an open sky.
- Connects automatically with Iridium Certus network for 100% global service.
- 100% Global connectivity on land or sea under the same service plan.
- Internet speeds of 350 x 350 Kbps (And 700 down by 350 up later in 2019)
- Does not require user interaction. No software to run. Establishes AP "Hotspot" automatically.
- Ruggedized. Operates in extreme conditions. Case does not need to be opened to operate.
- Operates stationary, or in-motion such as on top of a vehicle for other moving platform.
- 1,000' (300 meter) wireless range WiFi hotspot for laptops, smartphones...any wireless device.
- Connect up to 12 wireless devices. WiFi WPA2 Security & MAC address whitelisting.
- Compact case size - 20.66" x 17.20" x 8.40" (52.5 x 43.7 x 21.3 cm)
- External all weather Ethernet (RJ-45) and Phone (RJ-11) connection ports.
- Up to 5-6 hour battery life (rechargeable) for normal use.
- May be plugged into a vehicle 12V power port for continuous operation or charging.
- Operates from -22°F to 131°F (-30° C to +55° C) temperatures. IP66 Rated
- Includes standard analog phone. The RJ-14 jack has two separate phone lines.
- No rain fade - Operates in heavy rain.
- Internal temperature control fan - cools internal electronics during high temperatures.
- Watertight, crushproof, dust proof reinforced plastic case.
- Backlight 24x7 battery display shows power remaining. Can be enabled/disabled.
- Portable - Ships UPS, FedEx, flight carry-on luggage anywhere.
- Internal battery is not Lithium-Ion, so no flight restrictions. Carry portable.
- Full IP compatibility - Internet, SMTP email, file transfer, IP protocols.
- Global public / static IP addresses are available from Ground Control.
- Remote access to connected devices with Public IPs & firewall controls-
- Internet domain whitelists and blacklists configurable from terminal.
- Location tracking services - Send coordinates to any server with any time frequency.
- Custom engineering available... such as adding special equipment inside a larger case.
- 2 Year standard warranty. 3 year and 5 year warranties available.
- The MCD-MissionLINK is a Ground Control integrated manufactured solution, supported by us 24/7.
| MCD-MissionLINK Contents
|*Rated Max Speed||*Early 2019 speeds are rated at 352 x 352 Kbps. Later in 2019 speeds will increase to 700 Kbps download x 352 Kbps upload with a free firmware update.|
|Case Default Color||Silver-Grey|
|Service Used||Iridium Certus - Land Plans on L-band|
|Wireless LAN||802.11 b/g frequencies (802.11n is currently not supported)|
|Wireless Range||Tested at 300 meters (1,000 feet) with good wireless signal (-78 dBm signal) to standard laptop computer.|
|Wireless Security||WPA2 & MAC address whitelist|
|Internet Security||Whitelist and Blacklist of Internet domains configurable from the MissionLink interface|
|Concurrent Wireless Users||Up to 12 wireless devices|
|LAN (External Port)||2 RJ-45 Ethernet Ports with PoE - Watertight connector (Power over Ethernet Class 2)|
|WAN (External Port)||1 RJ-45 Passthrough failover parameters set in the web interface - Watertight connector.|
|Phone (External Port)||1 RJ-14 phone jack for 2 phone lines - Watertight connector.
VoIP Phone may also connect via Ethernet for a total of 3 phone lines.
|MissionLINK Web Interface||URL: 192.168.55.1|
|MCD-MissionLINK Case Dimensions||20.66" x 17.20" x 8.40" (52.5 x 43.7 x 21.3 cm)|
|MCD-MissionLINK Weight||37 lbs (16.5 kg).|
|Battery Life||5 hours average|
|AC/DC Power Supply||Input 110 to 240 Volts AC. Output 28 Volts DC @ 8 Amps. Total cable length is 12' (3.6 meters)|
|Internal Battery Type||NiMH (Nickel-Metal Hydride) - FAA Flight Approved|
|Operating Temperatures||-30°C to +55°C / -22°F to +131°F|
|Environmental Rating||IP 66 Compliant - Excellent in all kinds of weather/dust|
|Standard Warranty||2 years standard limited warranty|
|Country of Origin||The MCD-MissionLINK is manufactured in the United States.|
IRIDIUM CERTUS SERVICE LAND MOBILE PLANS
|Plan Name||Contract Period||Monthly Allowance||Additional Usage||Monthly Price|
|Certus Land Mobile Base 10 MB||12 Months||10 MB | 0 Voice Min||$4.94 / MB||$60|
|Certus Land Mobile Starter 30 MB||6 Months||30 MB | 0 Voice Min||$4.18 / MB||$100|
|Certus Land Mobile Standard 150 MB||6 Months||150 MB | 0 Voice Min||$3.42 / MB||$375|
|Certus Land Mobile Adventurer 500 MB||6 Months||500 MB | 0 Voice Min||$2.66 / MB||$1050|
|Certus Land Mobile Research 2 GB||3 Months||2000 MB | 0 Voice Min||$1.99 / MB||$1450|
|Certus Land Mobile Explorer 5 GB||3 Months||5000 MB | 0 Voice Min||$1.49 / MB||$2025|
|Certus Land Mobile Enterprise 10 GB||3 Months||10 GB | 0 Voice Min||$0.99 / MB||$2650|
IRIDIUM CERTUS GLOBAL SERVICE CLASSES
|Iridium Certus Midband||Iridium Certus Broadband|
|22 Kbps - 88 Kbps||176 Kbps - 1.4 Mbps|
|Smaller, Low-gain Antennas||Solid-state Antenna Options|
|Transceivers Optimized for Size, Cost and Power||Transceivers Optimized for Speed|
IRIDIUM CERTUS OPTIONAL SERVICES
|Local Dialing #|
|Local # Access Monthly Fee||$10.00|
| Local Number Access Service (DIDWW Supported Countries) Month Fee
|Iridium Certus Short Burst Data|
|SBD Monthly Access Fee||$10.00|
| Usage Charges ($/KB, per 1000 bytes)
|Mailbox Checks, Registration & Forced Ring Alerts||$0.05 ea|
IRIDIUM SBD DELIVERY DESTINATIONS
This is where the SBD device should deliver its data. One destination is required and up to 5 are supported. Wildcard characters cannot be used. Examples of valid destinations for each delivery method are shown below:
|Destination Type||Protocol Example|
|Direct IP:PORT||188.8.131.52:10921 (NOTE: The port is required)|
|SBD Device IMEI||300040100001230|
IRIDIUM SBD ADD-ONS
|Message Delivery Point||$350 Per Year|
|Mobile Termination (Annual Charge)||$70.00 Per Year|
|Mobile Terminated SBD (MT-SBD) messages are sent to the Iridium Gateway via the Internet from a host computer system. The maximum length of a MO-SBD message is 1960 bytes. The maximum length of a MT-SBD message is 1890 bytes. Global network transmit latency for delivery of messages ranges from 5 seconds for messages of 70 bytes to approximately 20 seconds for maximum length messages. (Additional latency may occur across the Internet)|
|Mobile Termination Activation||$280|
|Geo-Data is the last known location (latitude and longitude) of the device. When this option is enabled Geo-Data is included in the message content. By default it is enabled for all the delivery destinations. The SBD GEO data determined by the Iridium satellite network can be included with the message if you are not sending GPS data in the SBD message already. (accurate to about 15 miles)|
|The Iridium Gateway will send a 'Ring Alert' to the Transceiver when a Mobile Terminated SBD (MT-SBD) message has been queued at the Iridium SBD Gateway. Your mobile application can then decide whether to retrieve the MT-SBD data message at that time or later.|
|MO ACK - Mobile Originated Acknowledgement||FREE|
|MO ACK setting is used in conjunction with a Direct IP Delivery Destination. The default setting is off. When checked on, the Gateway expects to receive an acknowledgement from the receiving server that it has received the message. If the Gateway does not receive an acknowledgement, it will attempt to re-deliver the message for 12 hours. No other messages will be delivered to the receiving server until the first message is acknowledged.|
IRIDIUM CERTUS IP STREAMING SERVICES
|Streaming IP Services||Per Minute|