Iridium Canada Alaska 200 Minute Prepaid Satellite Phone SIM Card
The Iridium Canada Alaska 200 Minute Prepaid Satellite Phone SIM Card provides cost-effective Iridium airtime for Canada and Alaska. Each Iridium Northern Lights voucher is valid for up to 6 months from the activation or recharge date for calls placed from within Canada or Alaska to North America. By adding airtime within the 6 month period, any unused airtime is rolled over to the new period. To avoid the loss of unused minutes, we provide notifications 3 weeks in advance of your validity expiration.Additional terms and conditions applicable to the Canada Alaska plan are:
- Unused prepaid minutes are valid for up to three years when extended with additional 200 minute/6 month vouchers.
- The Iridium Canada Alaska 200 Minute Prepaid Satellite Phone SIM Card will not work outside of Alaska and Canada or for calls from either of those locations to anywhere other than North America.
- For the Iridium Northern Lights plan, North America is considered the Continental U.S., Alaska and Canada. (Designed for land use – only extends out about 12 miles from coastlines)
- The Iridium Canada Alaska 200 Minute Prepaid Satellite Phone SIM Card cannot be mixed with other pre-paid airtime plans.
- There is a one-time activation fee of $25.00 with this plan.
- Once all the pre-paid minutes have been used or the plan period has expired, additional minutes must be purchased within 90 days or the SIM card will be deactivated.
- A $350.00 fee will be charged to reactivate a pre-paid SIM card once the 90 day period has expired.
- The phone will not be able to send or receive calls once the pre-paid minutes have been completely used.
- Voicemail is included
- The easiest and most cost-effective way to receive calls to the Iridium phone is by using the Iridium special 2-stage service number, 1-480-768-2500. The caller will be prompted to enter the 12-digit Iridium number of your phone. The pre-paid SIM card will deduct the equivalent of $1.75 per minute from your prepaid voucher balance and the caller pays only their standard long distance rate for a phone call to Arizona. By contrast, a direct dialed call to an Iridium phone from a traditional phone costs nothing for the Iridium user but the caller will be billed at a rate determined by their phone company (at an average cost of $5.00 – $7.00 per minute).
- The Iridium Short Message Service (SMS) is available via the internet for messages of up to 160 characters at a time. Have your friends and family go to the Apollo website and click on the Send SMS button. This service is free to the web sender and there is no charge to the Iridium user for receiving text messages. Outgoing messages from the Iridium phone are billed to the pre-paid SIM card as a 30 second burn rate per text message.
- Iridium Canada Alaska 200 Minute Prepaid Satellite Phone SIM Card can be recharged with additional airtime prior to expiry by purchasing an Iridium Canada Alaska 200 Minute Prepaid Satellite Phone SIM Card recharge voucher. Expiry dates are not cumulative and balance will expire 6 months from the date the card is recharged unless another recharge is completed prior to the expiry date. Remaining minute balances will continue to carry forward until the balance expires. The Canada/Alaska coverage region includes the Canada and Alaska plus 12 nautical miles into coastal waters.
|Dimensions||7 x 5 x .15 in|
|Validity||6 Months / 180 Days|
|Region||The Iridium Canada Alaska 200 Minute Prepaid Satellite Phone SIM Card coverage region includes Canada and Alaska plus 12 nautical miles into coastal waters.|
|Can Recharge Airtime?||Yes, within 270 Days of SIM Expiration|
|Compatible Equipment||Any Iridium SIM Based Device.|
Great for calling from Canada or Alaska area.