Intellian v240MT Satellite Communications System
Multi-orbit & Tri-band capability utilizing a single 2.4m reflector
- Auto-switching among C-, Ku- and Ka-band within seconds
- Mix and Match frequency and satellite types
- Fiber Optic system interconnect
- Gyro-Free Satellite Search Capability without input from a ships compass
- 3-Year Global Warranty - 300 Intellian Service Centers worldwide
- Antenna & Modem switch combined mediator
- Remote Management using Aptus Web. Wi-Fi enabled ACU for local control using Aptus Mobile or PC
- Save installation and maintenance time with automated diagnostics and built in Spectrum Analyzer feature
- Supports extremely high and low elevation angles (-20° to +120°)
Multi-orbit and Tri-band Supported
The innovative v240MT is the world’s first antenna system that enables communication services in three different frequency bands and tracks both geostationary Earth orbit (GEO) satellites, as well as satellites in medium Earth orbit (MEO). It combined with the latest innovation, MEO tracking, provides global coverage ensuring interruption-free connectivity. With this new product Intellian fulfills a previously unmet market demands by high-volume data users such as offshore, seismic, and cruise vessels that require fast and seamless communication services like those available on land.
Flexible Solution Architecture
Intellian v240MT is capable of switching multiple antennas. Two antennas may be tracking moving MEO satellites while a third could be pointed at a fixed GEO satellite. If one antenna becomes blocked by a part of the ship, the system will automatically select the next best solution and switch without any loss of connection for those on-board. All this happens automatically, without any intervention.
Supporting Dual Data Centers on a ship ensures uninterrupted connectivity. The identical mirrored systems, including a full complement of antenna controllers, Intelligent Mediators and satellite modems, can handle instant changeover between each other with no manual intervention, an important factor in crew safety and vessel operations.
Intellian v240MT FeaturesRemote Access via Aptus Web
- Built-in web interface: Remote Upgrades, Automatic Diagnostics, Spectrum Analyzer Function
- Remotely access all onboard Intellian antennas (including TVRO) through the onboard network
Global Operation, One Antenna
- Standard equipped with Intellian's patented Global PLL LNB, capable of receiving a full range of operating frequencies from any VSAT satellite around the globe.
- Automatically switches between Co-pol and X-pol in Ku-band.
- No required input from ship’s heading device.
- Quick setup to reduce installation time. Automated Bow offset function in Aptus.
Global Satellite Library
- Preinstalled database of detailed satellite data with one-touch remote updating feature through Aptus.
- Customizable satellite library for a specific network.
Open Platform Compatibility
- Fully compatible with all major service providers.
- Pre-configured modem settings provided in a simple drop down menu using Aptus.
Supports BUCs from 40W to 250W
- Adjustable mounting bracket and flexible waveguide design makes mounting any BUC simple.
- Saves on additional cost and integration time by receiving a pre-configured antenna system.
- Connects the antenna to the ACU using a single fiber optic cable with no signal loss up to 2000m.
- Simplifies installation by providing more flexibility of mounting locations.
Auto Beam Switching (ABS)
- Supports ABS via the OpenAMIP protocol from iDirect and Comtech’s ROSS Open Antenna Management (ROAM) protocol.
Optional Intelligent Mediator
- Enable operating across different frequency bands at same time with multiple antennas along with multiple modems.
- Ensure seamless connection as give best solution by switching antenna automatically if one antenna becomes blocked.
- Over 300 Intellian Service and Support centers around the world.
3 Year Global Warranty
- Industry leading 3-year parts and workmanship guarantee with a 2-year labor warranty for all antenna systems, ensuring peace of mind with your hardware investment
- The new warranty policy(3 year parts and 2 year labor) is only valid for products purchased after 1st, January 2017
|v240MT Tri-band (C/Ku/Ka) Antenna w/ 154” radome||Part Number||VM2-243-M|
|v240MT Dual-band (Ku/Ka) Antenna w/ 154” radome||Part Number||VM2-245-M|
C-band BUC Options
|Comtech 250W (LPODC-52)||P/N||VCM-1038|
|Terrasat 50W (IBR137145-2NA052WW)||P/N||VCM-1503|
Ku-band BUC Options
|Comtech 125W (LPODK-141)||P/N||VCM-1033|
|Terrasat 40W (IBR137145-0NA040W)||P/N||VCM-1505|
|Terrasat 50W (IBR137145-2NA052WW)||P/N||VCM-1503|
Ka-band BUC Options
|CPI 40W (B3KO-B)||P/N||VMT-1202|
Radome & Antenna
|Radome Height||431 cm (169.5 inch)|
|Radome Diameter||391cm (154 inch)|
|Reflector Diameter||240cm (94.5 inch)|
|Weight||880kg (1940 lbs) Variable w/ RF components|
Stabilized Pedestal Assembly
|Pedestal Type||3-axis (Azimuth, Elevation, Cross-level)|
|Elevation Range||-15° ~ 120°|
|Cross Level Range||±30°|
|Motor Brake System||Elevation, Cross Level|
Reflector & Feed Assembly
|Model||V240MT Dual-band||V240MT Tri-band|
|TX Frequency||13.75 GHz ~ 14.5 GHz / 27.5 GHz ~ 30.0 GHz||5.85 GHz ~ 6.425 GHz / 13.75 GHz ~ 14.5 GHz / 27.5 GHz ~ 30.0 GHz|
|TX Gain C-band||-||41.0 dBi @ 6.425 GHz|
|TX Gain Ku-band||48.4 dBi @ 14.25 GHz||48.4 dBi @ 14.25 GHz|
|TX Gain Ka-band||51.0 dBi @ 28.5 GHz||52.0 dBi @ 28.5 GHz|
|RX Frequency||10.7 GHz ~ 12.75 GHz / 17.7 GHz ~ 20.2 GHz||3.625 GHz ~ 4.2 GHz / 10.7 GHz ~ 12.75 GHz / 17.7 GHz ~ 20.2 GHz|
|RX Gain C-band||-||37.3 dBi @ 3.91 GHz|
|RX Gain Ku-band||46.7 dBi @ 11.8 GHz||46.7 dBi @ 11.8 GHz|
|RX Gain Ka-band||49.0 dBi @ 18.7 GHz||48.5 dBi @ 18.7 GHz|
|G/T C-Band||-||18.1 dB/K @ 3.91 GHz|
|G/T Ku-Band||27.4 dB/K @ 12.75 GHz||27.4 dB/K @ 12.75 GHz|
|G/T Ka-band||24.5 dB/K @ 18.7 GHz||24.0 dB/K @ 18.7 GHz|
|BUC Power||Ku-band 40 W ~ 125 W, Ka-band 40 W||C-band 100 W ~ 250 W, Ku-band 40 W ~ 125 W, Ka-band 40 W|
|Polarization C-band||-||Circular & Linear|
|Polarization Ku-band||Linear (Cross Pol & Co Pol)||Linear (Cross Pol & Co Pol)|
|Polarization Ka-band||Linear (Cross Pol & Co Pol)||Linear (Cross Pol & Co Pol)|
Antenna Control Unit
|Dimensions (W × D × H)||43.1cm × 38.1cm × 4.4 cm (17 inch × 15 inch × 1.7 inch)|
|Weight||3.5 kg (7.7 lbs)|
|Display||2 line 40 character graphic VFD module|
|Ship’s Gyrocompass Interface||NMEA / NMEA2000|
|Modem Interface||Ethernet port / RS-232C / I/O ports|
|Modem Protocol||iDirect, Comtech, SatLink, Hughes, GILAT|
|Power Requirement||100~240V AC, 50~60Hz, 1A|
|Radome Dimension(WxH)||78x84.5cm (30.7x33.3 inch)||90x103cm (35.5x40.5 inch)||90x104 cm (35.5x40.9 inch)||113x121cm (44.5x47.5 inch)|
|Reflector Diameter||60 cm (23.6 inch)||65 cm (25.6 inch)||65 cm (25.6 inch)||83cm (32.7 inch)|
|Antenna Weight||59.5 kg (131.2 lbs)||60 kg (132 lbbs)||60 kg (132 lbs)||90.4 kg (199lbs)|
|Elevation Range||-10º~100º||-20˚ to +115˚||-20˚ to +115˚||-10˚~110˚|
|Cross-Level Range||Up to ±30º||Up to ±37˚||±37˚||Up to ± 30˚|
|Turn Rate||Up to 12˚/sec 5˚/sec||Up to 12˚/sec 5˚/sec||none||Up to 12˚/sec 5˚/sec|
|TX Frequency||13.75~14.5 GHz Ku-band||29.00~30GHz Ka-band||13.75~14.5GHz Ku-band||13.75~14.5GHz Ku-band|
|RX Frequency||10.95~12.75 GHz Ku-band||19.2~20.2GHz Ka-band||10.7~12.75GHz Ku-band||10.7~12.75GHz Ku-band|
|TX Gain||37 dBi @ Mid band||43.75 dBi @ 29.5 GHz||37.7 dBi @ Mid band||40 dBi @ Mid band|
|RX Gain||35.6 dBi @ Mid band||40 dBi @ 19.7GHz||36.3 dBi @ Mid band||37.6 dBi @ Mid band|
|LNB Pol Control||Cross-pol & Co-pol as standard||Circular, Tx:RHCP/Rx:LHCP||Intellian PLL LNB||Cross-pol & Co-pol as standard|
|Cross-Pol Isolation||>30 dB at beam center||Minimum 35 dB||Linear, Cross-pol only||>35 dB @ beam center|
|G/T||15.0 dB/K||> 16.2 dB/K (min.)||15.7 dB/K||17.7 dB/K|
|Radome Dimension(WxH)||138x151.4cm (54.3x59.6 inch)||138x151.4cm (54.3x59.6 inch)||165.2x168.9cm (65x66.5 inch)||330x352 cm (130x139 inch)|
|Reflector Diameter||103cm (41 inch)||103cm (41 inch)||125 cm (49.2 inch)||240 cm (94.5 inch)|
|Antenna Weight||127.4 kg (280.8 lbs)||128 kg (282lbs)||149.7 kg (337 lbs)||670 kg (1477 lbs)|
|Cross-Level Range||Up to ±37˚||Up to ±37˚||Up to ±37˚||Up to ± 30˚|
|Turn Rate||Up to 12˚/sec 5˚/sec||Up to 12˚/sec 5˚/sec||Up to 12˚/sec 5˚/sec||Up to 12˚/sec 5˚/sec|
|TX Frequency||13.75~14.5GHz Ku-band||29~30GHz Ka-band||13.75~14.5GHz Ku-band||C=5.85~6.425GHz
|RX Frequency||10.7~12.75GHz Ku-band||19.2~20.2GHz Ka-band||10.95~12.75 GHz Ku-band||C=3.625~4.2GHz
|TX Gain||41.6 dBi @ Mid band||47.7 dBi @ 29.5GHz||43.2 dBi @ Mid band||C=41.7 dBi/Ku=48.6dBi|
|RX Gain||39.4 dBi @ Mid band||43.7 dBi @ 19.7GHz||42.1 dBi @ Mid band||C=37.7 dBi/ku=48.6dBi|
|LNB Pol Control||Cross-pol & Co-pol as standard||Circular, Tx:RHCP/Rx:LHCP||Cross-pol & Co-pol as standard||C=Cir&Lin/Ku=Linear|
|Cross-Pol Isolation||>35 dB @ beam center||Mininum 35dB||>35 dB @ beam center||>35 dB @ beam center|
|G/T||19.6 dB/K||>20.3 dB/K (min.)||20.4 dB/K||C:20dB/K/Ku:27.6dB/K|
|MODEL||v240M||v240MT Dual-band||v240MT Tri-band|
|Radome Dimension(WxH)||390x414 cm (153.5x162.9in)||391x434 cm (154x169.5 in)||391x434 cm (154x169.5 in)|
|Reflector Diameter||240 cm (94.5 inch)||240 cm (94.5 inch)||240 cm (94.5 inch)|
|Antenna Weight||880 kg (1940 lbs)||960 kg (2116 lbs)||960 kg (2116 lbs)|
|Cross-Level Range||Up to ± 30˚||Up to ± 30˚||Up to ± 30˚|
|Turn Rate||Up to 12˚/sec 5˚/sec||Up to 12˚/sec 5˚/sec||Up to 12˚/sec 5˚/sec|
|TX Gain||C=41.9 dBi/Ku=49dBi||C=41.9 dBi/Ku=49dBi||C=41.9 dBi/Ku=49dBi|
|RX Gain||C=38.6 dBi/Ku=48dBi||C=38.6 dBi/Ku=48dBi||C=38.6 dBi/Ku=48dBi|
|LNB Pol Control||C=Cir&Lin/Ku=Linear||C=Cir&Lin/Ku=Linear||C=Cir&Lin/Ku=Linear|
|Cross-Pol Isolation||>30dBc Typical||>30dBc Typical||>30dBc Typical|